How it works
- Submit your biography through Column Life website on the "Biography Interview" page
- Your application will be vetted and also edited before acceptance and approval by Column Life editorial board.
- Successful candidates will be contacted for a follow-up interview or clarification if needed.
- A 50% non-refundable deposit will be required upon acceptance.
- The balance full payment to be made upon completion of your biography.
- Completed biography will be emailed to you within 21 days for your approval before publishing on Column Life website.
- All biographies on our website will be promoted on social network via our Facebook page for a wider circulation.
Basic Characteristics Required of a Biography
- Describes and discusses the life of a real person
- Information is based on fact
- Incidents, dialogue, and people are accurate and from a reliable source using first person accounts when available
- The person's life story is told with respect to other people and events of the time in which they lived
- Develops an understanding of the places, times, events, and other people when the person lived
- Tells the story in a style and tone that the reader/listener can relate to the person and believe in their humanness
Guidelines to follow for any submission or tip off on someone who fits the bill:
The person must fit the measure of what an unsung hero is, namely someone who has seldom or never been featured in a newspaper, magazine or electronic media.
The person does not seek publicity but publicity seeks him for the remarkable way he or she goes about life.
The person clearly shows personal qualities of courage and commitment in doing what he or she does best, thereby making a significant contribution, big or small, to society.
The person does not fall victim to comparison that may discourage or affect self-esteem or confidence. He or she sees every contribution, big or small, as part of the jigsaw of the big picture of life which can never be complete if the tiniest piece is not in place.